Food Service Supervisor
131 Avenue Road, TORONTO, ON| Ontario
1 - 2 Years
Secondary (High) School Graduation certificate
5 Elements Espresso
5 Elements Espresso is a boutique Italian-inspired café located on Avenue Road, at the heart of the glamorous neighborhood of Yorkville. The owners have rebranded the space with a fresh look, complete with three levels of seating, plenty of snacks and lunch items along with a variety of caffeine beverages. This dynamic café is now recruiting a new member to join the team as a Food Service Supervisor. His or her duties include but not limited to:
· Supervise baristas and other floor staff in preparation of beverages, snacks and lunch items
· Recruit baristas and other staff, train new employees in using coffee blender, grinder, expresso machine, snack counter and refrigerator unit
· Schedule, and supervise baristas to ensure optimum staffing patterns for the café.
· Maintain cleanliness of coffee service area of the store, sets up and maintains displays in coffee area.
· Ensure the quality of beverages, food and service standard
· Check inventory, estimate stocks and manage restock of the counter
· Review the performance of baristas and other floor staff and report to the owner
· Deal with customer complains and resolve service related issues
· Must able to perform the duties as baristas and other food service staff
The suitable candidates must have
Supervise and co-ordinate activities of staff who prepare and portion food; Supervise and check assembly of trays; Prepare and submit reports; Maintain records of stock, repairs, sales and wastage; Establish work schedules; Estimate and order ingredients and supplies; Ensure food service and quality control; Must have knowledge of the establishment's culinary genres
Address customers' complaints or concerns; Train staff in job duties, sanitation and safety procedures; Prepare budget and cost estimates; Establish methods to meet work schedules; Hire food service staff
Food service counter attendants and food preparers; Food and beverage servers
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities
Fast-paced environment; Standing for extended periods; Walking; Tight deadlines
Ability to Supervise
Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Client focus
Please send the resume to email@example.com. Only the selected candidate will be contacted for interview.