Early Childhood Educator
300-5761 Marine way, Burnaby, BC| British Columbia
CAD $19.50 to 23.50 per hour
Experience an asset
College, CEGEP or other non-university or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Polka Dot Core Education Ltd
Polka Dot Core Education Ltd. have strived to be a place where people feel valued, engaged, and where they can express themselves. We help facilitate happy and healthy minds through art creation. We provide a variety of programs such as art classes, early education, and art events!
Position: Early Childhood Educator
Working Hours: 30 to 40 hours per week
Wage: 19.50 to 23.50 CAD per hour (to be negotiated)
Benefits: dental and health benefits after 6-month probation, Wage Enhancement Provided by British Columbia Ministry of Children and Family Development
Relocation costs covered by employer
Job Offer Type: Full-time, Permanent
Work location: 300-5761 Marine way, Burnaby BC V5J0A6
• Design and create learning programs to meet children’s physical, intellectual, social, cultural, creative and emotional needs.
• Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security, and well-being of children.
• Maintain and update the individual record of children handled taking note of the program’s positive and negative results.
• Develop listening, comprehensive skills using approved subjects in storytelling, role-playing, games, music and art activities.
• Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and washroom habits.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and community service providers working with children.
• Regularly communicate with parents and guardians regarding their children’s development needs and learning process.
License: British Columbia Early Childhood Educator License Required
Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Experience an asset
Security and Safety: Criminal record check, Immunization Records
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
Repetitive tasks, Physically demanding, Attention to detail, Bending, crouching, kneeling
Punctuality, Excellent oral communication, Reliability, Dependability,Flexibility, Team player
Newborn (including expecting mother), Infant (3 months - 11 months), 1 year,2 years, 3 years
Early Childhood Educators Specific Skills:
Develop and implement child-care programs that support and promote the physical, cognitive, emotional and social development of children, Lead activities by telling or reading stories, teaching songs and taking children to local points of interest, provide opportunities to express creativity through the media of art, dramatic play, music and physical activity, Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and toilet habits,Observe children for signs of potential learning or behavioural problems and prepare reports for parents, guardians or supervisor, Knowledge of DayNurseries Act, Assess the abilities, interests and needs of children and discuss progress or problems with parents and other staff members,Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with co-workers and community service providers working with children, Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security and well-being of children.
Child care centre
Credentials (certificates, licences, memberships, courses, etc.):
Early Childhood Education (ECE) Certificate
Please do not call regarding the posted position. Due to the anticipated volume of responses, we will contact only those candidates who most closely match our requirements.
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com