105-430 Banks Road, Kelowna, BC| British Columbia
2 years to less than 3 years
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Bridgeport The Floor Store Ltd
Bridgeport deals in high quality products at a competitive price having Hardwood, Laminate, Tile, Vinyl, LVT, carpets etc. having a 20,000 sq ft. warehouse with 30 years of service.
Bridgeport The Floor Store Ltd, British Columbia is looking for one energetic individual as a Tile Installer for our site located at 105-430 Banks Road Kelowna BC V1X 6A3. Position is full time with 8 hours a day/40 hour a week. As a Tile Installer, you will be responsible to perform all duties described below:
• Set tiles in place and apply pressure to affix them to base.
• Remove and replace cracked or damaged tiles.
• Prepare, measure and mark surfaces to be covered.
• Align and straighten the tiles.
• Mix, apply and spread mortar, cement, mastic, glue or other adhesives using hand trowel.
• Cut and fit tiles around obstacles and openings using hand and power cutting tools.
• Pack grout into joints between tiles and remove excess grout.
• Build underbeds and install anchor bolts, wires and brackets.
• Install tile strips.
• Lay and set mosaic tiles to create decorative wall, mural and floor designs.
• Read and interpret blueprints, maps, drawings and specifications.
• Remove existing floor coverings and contaminants.
• Prepare floors for installations.
• Conduct moisture, PH level, temperature and other tests prior to flooring installations.
• Inspect and repair damaged floor coverings.
• Inspect, measure and mark surfaces to be covered.
• 2-3 years of related work experience in the Construction Industry (Tile Installation experience will be an asset).
• Availability to work a variety of hours, which may include Saturdays, evenings, and mornings.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English effectively
• Basic math skills.
• Minimum education requirement: High School Diploma
Hand-eye co-ordination; skills to interpret blueprints and drawings.
Work conditions and Physical capabilities:
Fast paced dusty environment; Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Tight deadlines; requirement to be able to lift and walk; Physically demanding- bending, crouching, kneeling.
Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Organized; Adaptability; Analytical; Creativity; Efficiency oriented; Hardworking; Positive attitude; Proactive; Quick learner; Time management.
What we offer:
• 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period
• Terms of Employment: Permanent Full-time position
• Employment groups: Students, Youth, Veterans of the Canadian Armed Forces, Visible minorities, Persons with disabilities, Indigenous people, Newcomers to Canada, Seniors, Apprentices, and anyone with part time experience is also encouraged to apply.
If eligible, please apply with resume via:
105-430 Banks Road Kelowna BC V1X 6A3.