9406 - 130 Street SW, Edmonton, AB| Alberta
CAD $$25.00 - $29.00
5 year or more
No degree, certificate or diploma
Polykar in Leduc is hiring for an Extrusion Operator
This role is on a rotational schedule allowing work-life balance (12-hour shifts days and/or nights).
Reporting to the Plant Manager, the extrusion operator will be responsible for production of plastic rolls for the food packaging industry and ensuring compliance with BRC food safety standards. They will be required to effectively work as part of a team to optimize production while adhering to site quality and safety standards. The primary role of an Extrusion Operator is the operation, monitoring and tuning of the blown film extrusion machinery, inclusive of pre-production set up and changeovers. This position is a permanent role.
Unit 3, 7610 – 42 Street
Roles and responsibilities
• Safe operation of a three-layer/and or mono-layer blown film extrusion system.
• Make extruder adjustments according to already established working methods to maximize productivity.
• Make order changes.
• Ensure the quality of the finished product while following all health and safety rules.
• Continuous quality checks throughout production runs.
• Follow a 'clean as you go' policy keeping all areas tidy on site to ensure compliance with BRC food safety standards.
• Monitoring machine performance, maintaining output, quality and waste targets whilst keeping downtime to a minimum.
• Ability to perform multiple tasks/work autonomously, competently within a manufacturing production environment.
• All other duties as required.
Qualifications and experiences
• Minimum of High School Diploma or equivalent, proficiency in reading, writing and basic math skills.
• Minimum five years experience in the blown extrusion industry (co-extrusion experience required).
• Excellent mechanical skills.
• Basic computer knowledge.
• Strong attention to detail oriented, well organized and the ability to follow processes and procedures.
• Resourceful, organized, and flexible.
• Proof of leadership and team spirit; willing to assist others and lead by example through safe work practices.
• Have a logical and analytical thinking, with the ability to problem solve.
• Good communication skills in English, both written and verbal.
• Knowledge of BRC and ISO standards (an asset).
• Ability to work shiftwork (12 hours, days / nights).
• Ability to lift 50 pounds and physically fit to walk stairs regularly.
• Ability to fly to Montreal for a training period of up to three months. Candidates must be fully vaccinated to travel to Montreal (Government of Canada requirement).
• Access to transportation or ability to travel to Leduc (limited bus service) on various shifts.
Hourly Salary: $25.00 - $29.00 per hour depending on experience (up to 5% bonus depending on company performance and personal objectives met), eligible for benefits after three months of employment.