Cook (Production cook)
397 RAILWAY STREET, Vancouver, BC| British Columbia
1 - 2 Years
Secondary (High) School Graduation certificate
Railtown Cafe & Catering is looking for experienced Cooks!
- Employer: 0894000 B.C. Ltd dba Railtown Cafe & Catering
- Title: Cook (Production cook)
- Work Location:
1. 397 RAILWAY STREET, VANCOUVER, BC, V6A 1A4
2. 429 GRANVILLE ST., VANCOUVER, BC, V6C 1T2
3. 1691 MAIN ST., VANCOUVER, BC, V6A 2W5
4. 968 HOWE STREET, VANCOUVER, BC, V6Z 1N9
- Business Address : 397 Railway St., Vancouver BC, V6A 1A4
- Wage: $14.00 - $16.00 / Hour
- Number of work hours: 30 to 40 hours per week (Overtime required as necessary)
- Terms of Employment: Full-time, Permanent
- Benefit: 4% gross salary
- Positions Available: 10
- Prepare and cook complete the daily Mise en Place list, following recipes while working clean and keeping organized.
- Read recipes and execute them efficiently with minimal waste.
- Responsible for all stove, oven, and fryer cooking. Properly portions all food items such as poultry, meats, and/or vegetables prior to cooking.
- Responsible for receiving and storing produce deliveries, using proper product rotation procedures
- Responsible for communicating openly and thoroughly with supervisors, and for bringing any and all concerns to supervisor’s attention immediately.
- Comply with Railtown Cafe and Catering Employee Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Employee Manual.
- Supervise dishwashers
- Must comply with Railtown Cafe and Catering Employee Standards of Conduct as set forth in the Employee Manual.
- High School Education
- Knowledge of food and cooking terms required
- Experience in the food and beverage industry is required
- Must have verbal and written english communication skills
The physical demands for this position are seeing, hearing, speaking, reaching, frequently lifting up to 25 pounds, occasionally lifting up to 100 pounds, standing, for 4 to 8 hours, bending, squatting, and moving intermittently during working hours. These physical requirements may be accomplished with or without reasonable accommodations.
How to Apply: