6428 Portsmouth Rd, Nanaimo, BC| British Columbia
2 years to less than 3 years
Secondary (high) school graduation certificate
Green Electric Ltd.
Green Electric Ltd. are fully licensed, bonded, and insured electricians. Green Electric Ltd. is local electrical contracting company in Nanaimo providing professional residential electrical services. We enthusiastically promote energy solutions that are both innovative and reliable, in addition to building reputation of excellent customer service and support.
Green Electric Ltd. in Nanaimo, BC is looking for one energetic individual as an Electrician to work with us at various sites in Nanaimo and nearby areas. Our office is located at 6428 Portsmouth Rd, Nanaimo, BC V9V 1A8. Position is full time with 8 hours a day/40 hour a week. As an Electrician, you will be responsible to perform all duties described below:
• Pull wire through conduits and through holes in walls and floors.
• Read and interpret drawings, circuit diagrams and electrical code specifications to determine wiring layouts for new or existing installations.
• Upgrades and modifies existing electrical distribution systems and installs new systems as required.
• Repairs, alters, installs, and systematically maintains electronic and microprocessor-driven systems such as fire alarm, security alarm, lighting and control system and conducts periodic testing, reporting as required
• Installs and maintains motors, motorized equipment and associated controls, power tools, appliances, and other electrical equipment
• Installs and maintains electrical heating, ventilation and air conditioning systems and the power and control aspects of other HVAC systems (Only Electrical Installation)
• Possesses excellent troubleshooting skills to determine the cause of and solutions to problems
• Install brackets and hangers to support electrical equipment
• Splice, join and connect wire to fixtures and components to form circuits
• Conduct preventive maintenance programs and keep maintenance records.
• Competent in the use and care of tools and equipment common to this trade
• Electrician will be involved in all aspects of electrical service work for our existing customers and building new business primarily in the residential sector.
• 2-3 years of experience as an Electrician.
• Availability to work a variety of hours, which may include weekends, evenings, early morning shifts and holidays.
• Ability to read, write, speak, and comprehend English effectively
• Minimum education requirement: High School Diploma
• Ability to work with minimal supervision
Resolve problems that arise during any electrical faults; Physical skills to spend time in the field; Tool handling skills; Analytical thinking to develop solution for the customers; Teamwork; Mechanical Aptitude; Time Management; Strong communication skills.
Work conditions and Physical capabilities:
Fast paced environment Work under pressure; Attention to detail; Combination of sitting, standing, walking; Tight deadlines.
Effective interpersonal skills; Flexibility; Team player; Excellent oral communication; Organized; Adaptability; Analytical; Creativity; Efficiency oriented; Hardworking; Positive attitude; Proactive; Quick learner; Time management.
What we offer:
• 4% Vacation pay of the gross salary will be paid each pay period
• Terms of Employment: Permanent Full-time position
Aboriginal, students, youth, new immigrant persons, part-time applicants with above listed skills are welcome to apply.
If eligible, please apply with resume via:
Mail: 6428 Portsmouth Rd, Nanaimo, BC V9V 1A8.