Early Childhood Educator
#110 6020 Steveston Highway, Richmond, BC| British Columbia
CAD $18.00 CAD to 20.00 CAD per hour (to be negotiated)
Experience an asset
College, CEGEP or other non-university or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
South Central Montessori Child Care
South Central Montessori Child Care provides children with a safe, nurturing environment by enriching the intellectual, emotional, and social aspects of the mind. Our children will learn through a combination of open-ended and structured learning activities. At their own pace, we encourage children to choose their interests and make active exploration and developments through their activities. Our program follows a combination of individualized and collective learning practices. For more information, please visit our website at https://centralmontessori.ca/about-us/
Position: Early Childhood Educator
Working Hours: 30-40 Hours per week
Wage: 18.00 to 20.00 CAD per hour (to be negotiated)
Job Offer Type: Full-time, Permanent
Address: Unit 110 6020 Steveston Highway, Richmond, BC, V7E 2K8
• Design and create learning programs to meet children’s physical, intellectual, social, cultural, creative and emotional needs.
• Plan and maintain an environment that protects the health, security, and well-being of children.
• Maintain and update the individual record of children handled taking note of the program’s positive and negative results.
• Develop listening, comprehensive skills using approved subjects in storytelling, role-playing, games, music and art activities.
• Guide and assist children in the development of proper eating, dressing and washroom habits.
• Establish and maintain collaborative relationships with colleagues and community service providers working with children.
• Regularly communicate with parents and guardians regarding their children’s development needs and learning process.
License: British Columbia Early Childhood Educator License Required
Education: College, CEGEP or other non-university certificate or diploma from a program of 1 year to 2 years
Experience: Experience an asset
Security and Safety: Criminal record check
Reliability, Dependability, Team player
Supervise staff, trainees or volunteers, Assist early childhood educators or supervisors in keeping records, Maintain daycare equipment and assist in housekeeping and cooking duties, Attend staff meetings to discuss progress and problems of children, Plan and organize activities for school-age children in child-care programs before and after regular school hours, Supervise and co-ordinate activities of other early childhood educators and early childhood educator assistants
Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com.